Eligibility Criteria

Eligibility criteria for Flood Financial Assistance

You must meet eligibility rules to get the Flood Recovery Financial Assistance:

To receive this payment you must be:

  1. A primary producer
  2. Registered as a farmer with Rural Aid
  3. Have a current ABN
  4. Be in a flood declared area with an event date from March 2021
  5. You haven’t already received this Flood Recovery Financial Assistance (only one lot of assistance is available per ABN/household).
    To determine if your area is flood declared, Rural Aid will be referring to the below websites in each state..

    NSW:Declared natural disasters (nsw.gov.au)

  6. You also must have been adversely affected by the flood. For example:
    • the flood significantly damaged your property, assets, or person.

    Examples of significant damage to your property can include:

    • it’s been destroyed or must be demolished>
    • it’s been declared structurally unsound
    • the flood has caused major damage to the interior
    • the flood has exposed the interior to the elements
    • sewage has contaminated the interior
    • the flood has significantly damaged a major asset, or assets you own at your property.

    For this payment:

    • Your property is defined as your recognised place of primary production. It doesn’t include holiday homes or investment properties.
    • A major asset is an asset or assets with a combined market value of $20,000 or more. For example, this can include buildings, vehicles or large scale machinery.
      You can’t claim on behalf of a person who has died, or their estate.